sábado, 16 de julho de 2016

The Eve of the Trip

If you got here but don’t know me, you deserve at least an introduction. My name is Thiago and I’ve always wanted to know the world. Like the majority of people I’ve thought that travelling was expensive, and that I will need to become reach to do it. But in fact with a little determination and planning it is possible to do anything!

I started writing this travel journal to remind myself of my adventures, and to be able to share the stories with the friends that are far away. I hope that it also can help and inspire people to travel =)

The Eve of the Trip
It took place on May 27th,

My vacations started on May 26th, which was a holiday. In my last day at work I was feeling normal, just commenting with some suppliers that I will be travelling, but I haven't realized that I'll be REALLY doing it. It just came to my mind in the eve of the trip, where I've realized that what I have been planning for almost a year will come to be true. And maybe you are asking yourself: "why departing only on 28th when he already got two days off?" The answer, however, is very simple: trickets' price. 


But let's go to the day after... There is no doubt that the trip will be relaxing, but if I could describe the eve in a few words I would say: stress and anxiety!

I’d bought an inflatable neck pillow because it’s very practical and comfortable.  However, it just arrived in the last day! Actually, the product had been already delivered at the store but it had not been processed in the system. So I’ve put on my "buyer's hat" and called every company involved in the process until I could find the package. Also, in this day I’ve got some accessories that are missing such as sleeping mask and money belt (very important to keep the money and passport safe). I’ve spend the day thinking with the feeling that I’m carrying not enough money, but since I’m also have credit card than I believe I’m fine.



The night was also busy. Sometimes it is hard to make decisions related to travelling when you don’t have experience regarding airport rules. I could carry all in the same hand luggage, but the issue with liquids are so uncertain: 100ml? 200ml? The dilemma here is my shampoo, which has exactly 200ml. And also, there is the matter of weight. With the limit of 8kg for hand luggage, and without a scale to check the luggage at home, I’ve decided to take no risk of being charged for excess luggage. So I’ve separated all my belongings in two backpacks, a small daybag, and another bigger one to dispatch (fear!). By doing so I was able to carry more items that are not in my plans from the beginning like a blanket (not every hostel offers one) and an umbrella (a small and compact one, because there was rain forecast). Only after, I found out that my daybag has 3kg and the backpack 8kg, which makes me very proud and travelling light!

But in the end everything works so well. I did my last supper, tasting a Brazilian IPA beer to relax, while watching some videos and tips about what to pack in a backpacking.

I slept little on propose to be a heavy sleeper in the aircraft. This is a nice tip to those who want to get already adapted to the new time zone. Sleep? Well, at least I have tried... anxieeeety!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário